As scary as it is to hear, every woman should be prepared for the worst with the help of our self-defense classes. They are offered to women from the ages of eleven and above.
Each of our self-defense classes is created to mimic real life situations to fully prepare you for any unfortunate event that may occur. The classes can be held at either the karate dojo or another convenient location for you with a minimum of two students.
Consider these statistics:
- One rape or sexual assault occurs every two minutes.
- One violent crime occurs every five seconds in the U.S.
- 172 Women are physically and/or sexually assaulted every hour!
- 261,000 rapes and sexual assaults occurred in the U.S. in 2000
- 90,186 forcible rapes in 2000 as reported to police
- In the year 2000, 2.8 % of college women experienced rape in a six month U.S. Department of Justice study
- 17% of rape or sexual assault victims were victimized by someone they knew
- One murder occurs every 34 minutes
Make sure you are fully prepared in case one you are placed in one of these situations. Contact Christopher Walsh today for more information about our Women’s Self Defense Classes to stop these statistics from increasing.